NAC (N-acetyl cysteine) is an amino acid derivative and precursor to glutathione, our major detoxifying antioxidant.
It is potentially helpful for the following conditions:
- Infertility and promoting healthy pregnancy
- Tylenol/acetaminophen/paracetamol toxicity
- Chronic bronchitis
- Ulcerative colitis
- Liver cancer
- Improve muscle performance/reduce fatigue
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- THE infection which shall not be named
- Ventilator-associated pneumonia
- The harmful effects of smoking
The list goes on and on and on.
Glutathione is produced in the liver, so when we take NAC, we need our livers functioning well. Good liver function helps keep the rest of our organs, tissues, and our immune system healthy.
Dandelion protects from liver damage:
Milk thistle to support liver health: